Monthly, second Thursday afternoons, 3-4pm
Facilitator: Alyssa Langejans, Evergreen Commons Caregiver Support Coordinator
Green Room just inside Entrance D
If you or someone you know has a loved one with dementia or cares for someone with dementia, please join us. Here are upcoming topics we will be discussing:
- December 14 – Maintaining Your Emotional Well-being: Some ideas and tips to assist with the difficult emotions to navigate while caregiving.
- January 11 – A Caregiver’s Resolution: Set caregiving goals, tips for perseverance, and to appreciate the scope of being a caregiver.
- February 8 – Winter Caregiving 101: Tips and advice to assist in navigating through the winter months.
- March 14 – Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia. What is Dementia and what is happening to the brain.
- April 11 – Dementia Conversations: How to have the tough conversations about common concerns with dementia.
We also offer the opportunity for individuals with specific concerns or needs to connect one-on-one with an Evergreen Commons Dementia Support Specialist. For more information on the support group or to be connected with a specialist, contact Melissa Langworthy or 796-3346.