Our vision, Outfitting the Church to Influence the World, is driving how we make decisions. We want to use the resources the Lord provides to create an environment that helps us draw people closer to Christ. This is an opportunity to improve how we deliver the message of hope and love to which Jesus has called us.
Christ Memorial Church's sanctuary, built in 1990, is a beautiful, functional space that has allowed the church to grow. It has also served as a visual reminder to the community that there is room for them.
However, time has taken its toll. The current audio, visual, and lighting are near dilapidation, and we have been exploring updates for several years now.
An evaluation of the equipment prompted a review of what is needed in the sanctuary to properly present the gospel to the congregation and to those who will become members.
The lead elders created a sanctuary remodel team to explore options and costs. Several ideas were considered, and the best and most effective ideas were consolidated.
This plan, with an estimated price tag of $1.5 million, received overwhelming approval at the June congregational meeting.
The proposed changes will bless the current congregation; however, perhaps more importantly, they will enhance our ability to attract neighbors and community members to attend worship and use our facility for other functions such as concerts and school performances.
The plan includes:
- Upgraded audio, visual, and lighting.
- This will improve the in-person experience in the sanctuary and The Gathering Place as well as for our online viewers. (Over the past 18 months, several updates have been made in the chapel for the Dwell service. However, this worship venue will also benefit from the sanctuary project.)
- More effective stage.
- This area will be larger, all at one level, and more accessible.
- Refreshed sanctuary.
- A cross will be added, the screen will be moved to an appropriate place above the windows, the flooring will be updated, pew pads will be replaced, and more space will be added for wheelchairs.
- Improved choir loft.
- The choir loft will remain in its present location; however, it will be reconfigured for easier access, more storage, and better performing space for the orchestra and handbell choir.
"I thank God for the support and resilience this congregation has shown throughout the decades and especially over the past few years.
As we prepare to share Christ with the next generation, our hope is that these updates will prove to be invaluable to both those who gather here for worship and to those who engage digitally.
May our pledges to this project only be matched by our commitment to sharing Christ with our community and the world."
David VanOpstall - Lead Pastor of Formation and Teaching
Please prayerfully consider making a one-time capital gift or a two-year pledge to help fund this project. A tithe of funds raised will be used by the deacons for ministry in our local neighborhood.